âThe success of the ongoing regional scoping drilling has highlighted the potential for additional discoveries in several host units over the 45-kilometer direction, noting that we have only started scratching the surface to unleash the project’s world-class potential. Earaheedy, âMD said.
Rumble Resources Ltd (ASX: RTR) has added additional exploration potential to the Earaheedy project in Western Australia after identifying a new zone of flat zinc-lead-silver sulfide mineralization with scoping drilling.
The new mineralized zone extends 1.7 kilometers laterally, extending another kilometer down dip and remaining open in all directions.
Just 8 kilometers south of the Chinook discovery – a target of 4.1 km by 1.9 km – the newly discovered Tonka sulphide system appears to have similar geological features, indicating that it may expand. well beyond the current known target.
A wide-spaced scoping drill program to uncover other regional mineralization has defined three main lines of zinc-lead-silver mineralization at Tonka, 500 meters and 750 meters apart. The dosages to note have returned:
- 22 meters at 4.27% zinc and lead, 5.4 g / t silver at 110 meters including 11 meters at 5.82% zinc and lead, 4.35 g / t silver at 121 meters;
- 10 meters at 3.93% zinc and lead, 4.34 g / t silver at 84 meters;
- 5 meters at 5.03% zinc and lead, 9.74 g / t silver at 101 meters;
- 5 meters at 4.47% zinc and lead, 13.00 g / t silver at 66 meters;
- 9 meters at 3.38% zinc and lead, 1.29 g / t silver at 88 meters; and
- 8 meters at 3.13% zinc and lead, 2.94 g / t silver at 130 meters.
“Very fertile district”
âAs expected, our extensive and spaced regional scope drilling is discovering new mineralization and potential large-scale zinc-lead deposits in this very fertile district,â said Shane Sikora, Managing Director of Rumble Resources.
âLike the Chinook Discovery, the new Tonka Discovery has the potential to increase significantly in size from its current 1.7 kilometer x 1 kilometer footprint, due to its open, shallow orientation, its association with a mismatch. region wide and is open in all directions.
âTo date, the Rumble drilling has intersected and targeted zinc-lead mineralization in the shallow discordance unit.
New developments of large intersecting zones (up to 100 meters) of structurally controlled low grade zinc-lead-silver mineralization in the purple shale unit under the unconformity and recent declaration of zinc-lead mineralization high grade in the underlying Iroquois Carbonate Member by Strickland Metals, has highlighted the potential for large scale high grade zinc-lead deposits below in the lower formations, which have yet to be tested by drilling by Rumble .
âThe success of the ongoing regional drilling has highlighted the potential for additional discoveries in several host units over the 45-kilometer direction, noting that we have only started to scratch the surface to unlock the project’s world-class potential. Earaheedy.
“We look forward to announcing further assay results from the drill program as they are received over the next few weeks.”
Potential for large-scale deposits
In addition to the new target at Tonka, large areas of lower grade zinc-lead mineralization were intersected in a fractured and faulted purple shale zone under the unconformity unit mineralization (Navajoh unconformity unit) that harbors the Chinook and Tonka finds, southwest end of Tonka.
Results from this zone include 102 meters at 0.5% zinc-lead at 77 meters and 121 meters at 0.54% zinc-lead at 8 meters.
Rumble Resources believes that these results provide further evidence of the region’s potential to host large-scale deposits in the purple shale and Iroquois carbonate units under the unconformity, which has not yet been tested.
In response to Tonka’s discovery, Rumble has extended its 2021 drill program to over 50,000 meters to include further definition of the new discovery area.
Exploration in progress
- RC Drilling Scope of Chinook, Tonka, Magazine and Navajoh – a minimum of 50,000 meters of drilling is expected to be completed in 2021, with additional significant drilling planned in 2022 to define the limits of mineralization and infill in the areas of discovery.
- Diamond Drilling – Hosted zinc-lead-silver sulphide and shale mineralization hosted in clastic and carbonate rocks will be targeted
- Sonic Drilling – Recoveries at EHS001 and EHS002 from diamond drilling gave Rumble confidence to restart sonic drill testing to test the mineralization of the Navajoh discordance unit. Sonic drilling of different styles of mineralization including oxide.
- Metallurgy – diamond and sonic drilling is used for initial metallurgical sighting programs
- Geophysics – Airborne Magnetics planned in the course Applications and analysis of gravity and passive seismics in progress.
About Rumble Resources
Rumble Resources is an exploration company whose strategy is to generate and drill-test a pipeline of projects in Western Australia, with the capacity to make multiple discoveries.
The highly promising Western Queen gold project is located approximately 110 kilometers northwest of Mt Magnet in the Yalgoo mineral field and includes two mining leases and two exploration concessions with three operating gold processing plants nearby.
Rumble also owns considerable land ownership in the Albany Fraser Range area with 1,126 square kilometers of very promising tenure.