They called him El Chopa or Señor de Vallarta. Saúl “N”, one of the leaders of the powerful Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) was killed Friday afternoon during a confrontation with federal forces in Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the State of Jalisco.
According to official information, El Chopa was traveling with his escort identified as El Moi, who was not injured by the armed attack and was transferred by helicopter to the Attorney General’s office in Guadalajara.
Authorities had been tracking the capo, who is linked to the murder of former Jalisco governor Aristóteles Sandoval on December 18, 2020, for three months.
But on Friday afternoon, the National Guard left him no choice. A large deployment of company agents broke into the area of high influence of the criminal organization. The head of the Puerto Vallarta Cartel greeted the National Guard with bursts of machine gun fire, which led to a confrontation.
Chopa and his escort were arrested; however, Saul had to be hospitalized with gunshot wounds. Later, IMSS staff, located on Melchor Ocampo Avenue, reported Chopa dead.
On social networks, users shared a large deployment of the armed forces outside the clinic, which raised alarm among the population. They also shared videos from the shoot.
El Chopa was not just anyone. His power extended from South America to the United States, he was also considered a high-ranking capo within the CJNG and compadre of Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, El Mencho, a top leader of the criminal group.
Among his duties was the coordination of the financial aspect of Mencho, as well as the supply of weapons and tactical equipment to the criminal cells present in the states of Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Zacatecas and San Luis Potosí.
Last Wednesday, federal authorities announced that Chopa was in the same bar where Sandoval Díaz was executed.
According to the details, the capo and the former president were seated at adjacent tables at the Distrito 5 bar, owned by businessman José Manuel Sánchez Cruz, Manu Vaquita, who was arrested last week for ordering the cleaning of the site after the murder and before the police had arrived to open an investigation.
Sandoval entered the business at 10:00 p.m. on December 17, accompanied by two men and a woman. He sat, as can be seen in videos, next to a criminal leader identified as El Chopa, who at 12:30 p.m. left the site to meet a couple of men in a pharmacy, who were traveling on board of a vehicle seen during the Sandoval intervention. execution.
At 1:21 a.m., the politician went to the bathroom which was on the first floor of the bar and while descending the stairs a subject approached him and shot him three times, hitting him in the neck and back.
Sandoval was taken to hospital by his escort; however, he was pronounced dead upon arrival. Around 1:39 a.m., cleaning of the bar began on the instructions of Manu Vaquita.
Trending stories right now on PVDN
- Shooting in Marina Vallarta ends with the death of Puerto Vallarta cartel leader El Chopa Update: This story has been updated with confirmation of El Chopa’s death. You may be interested in: The Mexican army is sending 400 additional soldiers to Puerto Vallarta to help with security. A confrontation between the National Guard and “El Chopa”, the leader of the Puerto Vallarta Cartel, was reported around 3:00 p.m. on Albatross…
- Puerto Vallarta will receive 400 additional soldiers to help with security This Friday evening, Julián Otero Radilla, commander of the 102 Infantry Battalion, reported the arrival of 400 elements of the Secretary of National Defense (Sedena) in Puerto Vallarta, after the recent wave of insecurity in the coastal municipality . Julián Otero explained that 400 elements have 51 vehicles and will be deployed in the…
- Puerto Vallarta travel scams have doubled in the last three years, learn how to avoid them Fraud for the purchase of tourist packages in Jalisco has increased by up to 200% in the last three years, reported the president of the Mexican Association of Western Travel Agencies (AMAV), Juan Felipe Lozano Rodríguez. “I believe that, without fear of being wrong, the number of frauds has increased by more than 200%,…
- National Guard Kills ‘El Chopa’, CJNG Cartel Leader in Puerto Vallarta They called him El Chopa or Señor de Vallarta. Saúl “N”, one of the leaders of the powerful Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) was killed Friday afternoon during a confrontation with federal forces in Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the State of Jalisco. According to official information, El Chopa was…
- Puerto Vallarta ranks first in safety perception of all tourist destinations in Mexico The municipality of Puerto Vallarta ranked first among the most peaceful tourist destinations in the country, with a percentage of perception of insecurity of only 26.4%, which means that more than three quarters of the inhabitants of Puerto Vallarta feel safe in the city. Puerto Vallarta was followed by Los Cabos (28.5%) and Mazatlán (40.4%), reveals the National…